Frequently Asked Questions - Read me First

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Frequently Asked Questions - Read me First

Post by Admin on Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:15 pm

FAQ
These are questions that came up often on the Bobobie and Resinsoul boards. Replies were taken from there and DoA for informative purposes.

Like a Star @ heaven What Payment Methods do they Accept?
Bobobie: They take Paypal, Bank Transfer, and Western Union.
Resinsoul: They take Paypal, Bank Transfer, and Western Union.

Like a Star @ heaven Does the doll come with a wig/eyes/clothes/xxx?
Bobobie: All dolls come naked, with a pair of random acrylic eyes, with face up (unless selected otherwise), cushion and a box. They do not come with wigs, clothes, or otherwise unless stated in the page.
Resinsoul: All dolls come naked, with a pair of random acrylic eyes, without face up (unless selected otherwise), cushion and a bag. They do not come with wigs, clothes, or otherwise unless stated in the page.

Like a Star @ heaven How long does it take to make my doll?
Bobobie: Approximately one month.
Resinsoul: Approximately one month.

Like a Star @ heaven Do they take Layaway?
Bobobie: Yes. Customers can now order their dolls by layaway. No special charges. But the layaway module is not installed at the shop yet , so all layaway orders are to be placed through email only.
Items can be paid 20% when you order, then the rest when we they are ready to ship your doll. The term is within 3 months.
Resinsoul: Sadly, not at this time.

Like a Star @ heaven How long do they take to get to my place after shipping?
Bobobie: Usually it takes 3 to 5 days for the dolls to get home when you receive the tracking number. However, exact time for this highly depends on the country and the region you are located in, if it's holiday period, etc. You can track your parcel online with the number they give you.
Resinsoul: Usually it takes 3 to 5 days for the dolls to get home when you receive the tracking number. However, exact time for this highly depends on the country and the region you are located in, if it's holiday period, etc. You can track your parcel online with the number they give you.

Like a Star @ heaven What Shipping methods do they Use?
Bobobie: DHL, UPS, EMS (upon request).
Resinsoul: Unknown.

Like a Star @ heaven Can we buy parts separately? (Hands, heads, chest piece, etc?)
Bobobie: Yes.

Like a Star @ heaven Could I buy a bust piece (mature or immature bust) for MSD?
Bobobie: Yes. You must inform them of the skin color.
Resinsoul: N/A

Like a Star @ heaven Can you choose/request specific color doll eyes or are they random?
Bobobie: Eyes are random, however, you can mail them to request a pair of eyes you like best and they will try to ship them with the doll. There is no guarantee they will do it though, as sometimes those eyes go out of stock in the time it takes to make and ship the doll.

Like a Star @ heaven Can we get custom face up? Does it cost extra?
Bobobie: Yes, you can get a custom faceup by sending in a description and/or picture for reference. Unknown if there is any extra cost.

Like a Star @ heaven When you buy Apollo do you need to pay the extra $40 for the tattoos?
Bobobie: You must request them specially and pay the extra fee.
Resinsoul: N/A.

Like a Star @ heaven Can I choose between the old and new body, male and female body, etc?
Bobobie: Yes, you can choose old/new, and you can swap heads from male to female body and back as long as the head size is proportional to the body.
Resinsoul: Yes, you can swap heads from male to female body and back as long as the head size is proportional to the body.

Like a Star @ heaven Can I have other hands than the default?
Bobobie: Yes, you can buy extra hands.

Like a Star @ heaven Do they do ear piercing?
Bobobie: Yes, but you must request it specially. It's free.
Resinsoul: Yes, but you must request it specially. It's free.

Like a Star @ heaven Do they still make DARK tan?
Bobobie: Yes, they do them as special request only as they are difficult to make. The fee is the same than for light tan.
Resinsoul: Yes, they do them as special request only. The fee is the same than for light tan.

Like a Star @ heaven Will they make sleeping or dreaming xxx head?
Bobobie: They are considering it.
Resinsoul: They are considering it.

Like a Star @ heaven Can you make xxx mold with human/elf ears?
Bobobie: Sorry, not at the moment.
Resinsoul: Sorry, not at the moment.

Like a Star @ heaven Are Song and Sprite, Sprite and Ariel, or Sprite and Espree the same sculpt?
Sprite, Ariel and Espree are the same sculpt, the only difference is the ears (Elf, Larger elf, human, respectively).
Song and Sprite are very similar, but are not the same sculpt.

Like a Star @ heaven On the pages it says "Starting at:" What does that mean?
Bobobie: "Starting At" indicates the starting price for a basic doll. A basic doll will have eyes, but be naked and have no wig. A basic doll can be white or normal skin. If you choose colored skin (tan, purple, blue, pink, red, etc), there is a fee to add which modifies the starting price. If you choose without face up it will cost $10 less. All this modifies the price, when you are done you will get the final price. The basic doll, as is, costs the starting price; the extras modify it.
Resinsoul: N/A.

Like a Star @ heaven Which site to order from? bobobie.com or resinsoul.com?
It's up to you. Both site can process your orders.

Like a Star @ heaven Do you ship to *insert your country here*?
Bobobie: They can ship parcels anywhere in the world as long as DHL, UPS or EMS can reach.
Resinsoul: Most likely.

Like a Star @ heaven Is it possible to order dolls and parts in red?
Bobobie: Yes.
Resinsoul: Yes.

Like a Star @ heaven I need more help!!
Bobobie: You can post here, in the Bobobie forums, or PM or email Dennis.
Resinsoul: You can post here, in the Resinsoul forums, or PM or email the RS Admin.

Last edited by deliriumcrow on Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : RS layaway option)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Frequently Asked Questions - Read me First

Post by Admin on Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:26 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Does the Colored resin go all the way through or is it just a coating?
Bobobie: Dennis assured us that the colored resin goes all the way through. Although it is still advisable to take caution with colored dolls, as there will be a slight discoloration upon sanding or scratching the surface due to exposure of the outside resin against the inside. But the color goes through, so you can sand and mod them.
Resinsoul: We are assuming that given their tight relationship with the Bobobie company, the colored resin of Resinsoul also goes all the way through. Although it is still advisable to take caution with colored dolls, as there will be a slight discoloration upon sanding or scratching the surface due to exposure of the outside resin against the inside.

Like a Star @ heaven Can the carrier bag be purchased separately/are there more sizes carrier bags than what shown on the site?
Bobobie: N/A
Resinsoul: Yes, you can purchase the carrier bag separately. A 30cm bag (for 27cm doll) costs $18, an 46cm MSD bag (for 40-44cm dolls) costs $30, SD bag prices are unknown.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Frequently Asked Questions - Read me First

Post by Chaypeta on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:16 pm

I would like to add some updated info on resinsoul answers if thats okay.

Resinsoul ships by EMS.

Resinsoul will ship with extra parts. For example hands. My Song is being sent with an extra set of Jun hands.

Resinsoul will accept requests for particular coloured eyes if they have them in stock. (I got both sets of alternate eyes I asked for. Smile )

Resinsoul now stocks a dreaming head for their 42 cm slim girl bodies.

Chaypeta

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum